The Master Gardeners of the Ozarks (MGO) announces the availability of grant funds for gardening projects that support this mission statement: “The Mission of the University of Missouri Extension Master Gardener volunteer program is to provide horticultural information and training to the gardening public based on proven research specific to the local climates, soils and plants.”
NOTE: at no time should Master Gardener activities be associated with commercial activities or products.
Download, fill out and submit the Grant Application to apply.
Garden Grant Guidelines
Requests must be submitted in writing by members of the Master Gardeners of the Ozarks (MGO) on the designated Application Form. The form is available through the Stone County Extension Office (417-357-6812) or on the website at http://mgozarks.org. Applications must be received at the Stone County Extension Office (address) by February 15 of the grant year.
The Grant Committee will review all applications and base recommendations on strength of application in supporting the MGO Mission. The Grant Committee Chair and /or the President of MGO will provide feedback to each applicant as to status of their recommendation to accept or deny grant request before the March MGO Membership meeting. Grant Committee recommendations will be submitted to Executive Committee by end of February and presented to Membership at March meeting for approval.
Invoices or receipts labeled with the garden project name must be submitted to the MGO Treasurer before the funds are released. No reimbursement will be made for Missouri State sales taxes if paid. Be sure to obtain a tax exemption form from the Extension Office.
Grant funds must be used by December 31 of the Grant year and any monies remaining will be returned to the MGO Grant Fund.
Requests will be evaluated by the following:
- Relevance to the mission statement with educational component being favored
- Beautification and development of community gardens
- Feasibility of completing the project within the proposed timeline
- Water availability for project
- Other active MG members in project to support and maintain ongoing activities related to project
- Clarity and completeness of application (proposed project design preferred)
- No equipment (power garden tools, rakes, shovels, hoses etc.) or food will be approved
How to Apply for a Grant:
- Obtain an official Application Form
- Complete application in full, if there are details that don’t fit on application please send attachment
- Submit the completed application form to reach the Stone County Extension Office by February 15. Fax: 417-357-8442 or email acceptable (Stoneco@missouri.edu). Address: Stone County Extension, 108 East 4th Street, Courtroom 2nd Floor, P.O. Box 345, Galena, MO 65656. Phone number: 417-357-6812.
How to Complete a Grant:
- Written progress reports are due to Executive Committee by June 1 and Sept 1 with final report by December 31. These reports will be shared at the MGO Membership meetings
- Submit pictures of the before and after of the project if possible